The Berryhill Fire Department was formed in 1954. With a single truck stored in Chief Homer Jackson's garage, the department began protecting the community of Berryhill. Later that year, founding member, Waymond Ray organized an effort to build a station located on W. 33rd street, our current Station 2. In 1977, the department formed a protection district to allow the district to hire a paid staff of 3 firefighters. In the early 80's, the community began the construction of a new station on 65th W. Avenue, our current Station 1.
Copyright 2014, Berryhill Fire Protection District